Thursday, June 08, 2006

Weekly Round-Up

Whatever happens next is Ruth's fault. She invited me here. Gave me a chance to spread some of the blogging goodness that, quite frankly, I want to share with club members but am too lazy to email them.

I still need to figure out what to do with the identities of the guilty, er, innocent. Afterall, it's not their fault.

Tess Gerritsen had some great things to say about translations. Michelle Rowan fears Opal Mehta and for a good reason. Elaine Viets does her best to convince men that reading a book with a pink cover isn't a bad thing. Joe Konrath believes in doing it himself (it being techie sorts of things.) Melanie Lynne Hauser is giving away copies of her book, Confessions of a Super Mom, which is a really clever book that I reviewed here.

But the very best this week? Miss Snark shares an embarrassing typo captured on a NY Times review on the cover of "A National Best Seller and Winner of the Pulitzer Prize." Makes me appreciate my favorite proof reader's even more.

And double check my typing. The jury's still out on the effectiveness of that move.

1 comment:

Bethany K. Warner said...

That should be "proof readers". Plural.
Not possessive. If you wanted it to be possessive the sentence should read "Makes me appreciative my favorite proof reader's good eye, green pen, etc.
;)

You're welcome.