This is an opportunity to attempt what is one of the most difficult and rewarding tasks - to create, in a tiny fragment, a completely resolved and compelling story in 500 words or less. No entry fee. A prize of $100 will be awarded for the well-written story that is the most memorable.
FLASH FICTION CONTEST RULES:
1. Authors must reside in, attend school in Wisconsin, or register for the
Lakefly Literary Conference May 10-11, 2013.
2. Stories must be no more than 500 words in length.
3. Authors are encouraged to submit an entry via email. Embed it in the body of the email or send it as a pdf to Lakeflylit [at]aol dot com. Authors may also submit
by sending their manuscript to the following address:
C/O Oshkosh Public Library
106 Washington Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
4. Writers should include a 100 word or less biography written in third person.
Include your website if you wish.
5. One entry per author.
6. Entries must be postmarked on or before March 30th, 2013 or received
electronically by 12:00 am by March 30th, 2013.
7. Previously published stories (in print or online) are not eligible.
8. Each manuscript must be typed, double-spaced, in standard 10- or 12-point
font. Each page must include the title of the story as a header. All pages must
be numbered with both an individual page number and the total number of
pages (e.g., Stormy Night, page 1/15, Stormy Night, page 2/15, Stormy Night,
page 3/15, etc.).
9. The author's name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address (if
available); and the story word count must be included. These will be
obscured before judging.
10. Keep a copy of your manuscript! Manuscripts will be recycled, not returned.
Do not send an SASE.
11. Contest winner and runner up will be contacted via email (or phone number)
before they are announced at The Lakefly Literary Conference.