1. All stories must be between 1500-5000 words and aimed at an adult audience (can include young adult).
2. Deadline for submission for consideration is December 31st, 2014. This is a firm date; no submissions after this date will be considered.
4. All submissions should be sent to Jay Hartman at email@example.com with the word HAYSTACKS in the subject line.
5. Submissions must be in DOC, RTF or ODT format.
6. We will not be publishing the stories individually. Only the anthology will be available. The anthology will be available as an ebook and as a POD, sold worldwide through Ingram. You must agree to both our regular ebook contract and our print addendum to be included.
7. Authors will receive royalty and both a paperback and an ebook copy of the finished work but not upfront payment. Authors will each receive a share of royalties of 50% of net (net = cover price – vendor commission) based on the number of authors in the final anthology.
8. Characters appearing in other Untreed Reads series or other series not published by us are strongly encouraged. If you are published outside of Untreed Reads, please check with your publisher to ensure you have the rights to create a new story for a different publisher with your character(s).
9. Your story MUST take place on a farm or be farm related. Farmer's markets, roadside stands and cattle auctions are fine too. We prefer murder (hey, who doesn't?) but we're open to other crimes as well. The victim doesn't have to be a human.
10. Stories not accepted for the anthology may be resubmitted in the future for other submission calls.
11. All stories must be original and cannot have been published or self-published elsewhere or previously submitted to Untreed Reads.
12. There are no restrictions whatsoever on age, race, sex, sexual orientation, etc in the work. Just tell us a great story!
Please direct any questions to Jay Hartman at jhartman at untreedreads.com.
All efforts will be made to have decisions on material done by January 15th, 2015. Every attempt will be made to notify all authors of the status of their submission at that time. Please do not inquire about status prior to January 30th, 2015.
This anthology has an expected publication date of March 15th, 2015 (quite possibly earlier).
This is an open call, and may be reposted anywhere and everywhere. Please direct people to this link, which is essentially a reposting of this email.