Monday, October 22, 2007

Steal from the Best Contest

The Steal from the Best Contest for short stories offers the following prizes: First place: $750, Second place $150, Third place $75, 17 Fourth places $25 each

Rules:

Each submission MUST contain one of the seven phrases below. Pick one per submission.

“I didn’t know the meaning of fear until I kissed Becky.”

“Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?”

“Don't say that you're more sorry than I am, because I'm capable of being just as sorry as you are…”

“Murderers are the best I think; they’re so polite.”

“Just forget you ever saw it. It's better that way.”

“I'm going to rest my eyes for a moment. But go on. I am listening...”

“I hate it when someone gives away the ending.”

Length: Each submission must be between 800 and 2500 words long.

Entry fees:
$10.00 for up to two submissions.
$15.00 for 3 to 5 submissions

Deadline: March 15th, 2008.

How to submit: Original, unpublished work only. Entries may be submitted via the website using Paypal or you may email an entry directly to the judges at contest08@hazelst.com in the body of the email or email an MSWord or txt attachment.

Submissions can also be mailed with check or money order to:
Hazel Street Productions
PO Box 635
Van Nuys, CA 91408-0635

The top winning entries will be published at www.HazelSt.com. If this contest receives enough entries, each and every winning entry will also be published in an anthology.

No comments: